Pastured Poultry Talk is a weekly podcast with a growing audience of poultry producers. As of July 2017, The show has a three month average of 1,500 downloads per month.
Evergreen content. After a podcast episode is published, it is available for weeks, months, and years after the initial airing. New subscribers to a show often listen to the entire episode archive.
Focused Audience. This is not radio! Podcast listeners search for shows on topics that interest them, and they form a connection to the show host. If your product or service aligns with the content of the podcast, your advertising message will be more relevant to more people.
Trusted Relationship. Podcast subscribers have a trusted relationship with the show host. A recommendation for a product or service resonates with the audience. As an advertiser, you trade on the trust between the host and the listeners.
The Rise of Podcasts
According to Edison Research’s Podcast Consumer 2017 report:
- 112 million people have listened to podcasts
- 67 million people listen to podcasts monthly
- A 37% increase in last 2 years
- Primarily 18-54 year old listeners
- 45% have household income > $75,000
- Listeners consume 5 hours of podcasts per month
- Each listener subscribe to an average of 6 podcasts
- 77% podcast consumers click on a podcast to listen immediately (no subscription)
- Majority of podcast consumers listen on their smartphones at home or in the car
Pastured Poultry Talk subscribers listen while doing farm chores and making deliveries (traveling). Many will replay episodes at a later time.
Pastured Poultry Talk Packages
Package 1: Includes a 15 second pre-roll spot on each of 4 podcasts.
Package 2: Includes a 60 second mid-roll spot on each of 4 podcasts.
Package 3: Includes both pre-roll and mid-roll spot on each of 4 podcasts.