In part 2 of Mike’s interview with Jim Adkins of the Sustainable Poultry Network, we talk about:
- The need to always selectively breed
- A spiral mating system using two groups of breeders
- Linebreeding is the best way to produce good poultry, but there are some things to avoid
- Farming with modern commercial (hybrid) birds alongside standard-bred birds
- “We’re blazing a new trail the old way, and it’s gonna take some time,” says Jim
- Marketing the standard-bred and heritage birds
If you’ve enjoyed this podcast, please take a moment and leave a review on iTunes.