Find out what you can do with those extra parts.Dr. Beal sees the leftover parts as a opportunity for pastured poultry producers. In her small animal practice, over 80 percent of her clients fed some sort of fresh and raw diets.
Grady and Susan cover the following topics:
- Rundown of raw diets for cats and dogs. Dr. Beal outlines a three pile rule to feeding.
- Ideas for finding customers who want make the investment in high quality, raw pastured poultry protein.
- It’s a market for more than leftover parts. What about the chicken scratch and dent?
- Ground, pieces, or whole? Susan talks through the options and describes a garbage disposal grinder.
- Busting the chicken bone myth.
- Safe handling considerations for feeding raw poultry.
- Dealing with the regulations of “pet food.”
- If it’s good enough for humans, is it pet food?
- Download Dr. Beal’s Raw Pet Food Diet for Dogs
- Download Dr. Beal’s Raw Pet Food Diet for Cats
- Ask APPPA Q&A Call – 3rd Tuesday of every month – Dial-in Number: (712) 432-1212. Access Code: 709-102-625
Email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.